Dispute Resolution and General Information
- Before you accept your loan offer, please make sure you read the credit contract/loan agreement carefully to find full details of the loan. Warning: You should check the loan agreement/credit contract to ensure that the terms of the loan do not vary from what you require. If they do, please inform us immediately so that we can assist you.
- If you have any complaint about your loan transaction or our services please contact me on (08) 9403 9437. We will always do our absolute best to resolve any issues. If you believe the complaint has not been satisfactory resolved by us you may contact our external dispute resolution scheme, COSL (Credit Ombudsmen Services Limited). Their contact details are phone 1300 78 08 08 (toll free) – www.cosl.com.au.
- We are obliged to act in your best interests and give you undivided loyalty unaffected by any of our interests. However, we also represent lenders and have obligations to them, in particular not to provide any information we know is misleading or deceptive. We also have obligations under the law to report any fraud, forgery, or other illegal activities. By signing this agreement you confirm that you understand that we have these obligations to the lender and under the law. If you have any questions about our role, please ask before you sign.
- We can determine, comment or recommend, on some loan facilities, the conditions of the credit contract (such as interest rates, fees, or the term of the loan). If you want further details on this please ask before signing any credit contract.
We are required by law to ensure that we arrange finance for you that is appropriate for your needs. This means we will always need to make reasonable enquiries in relation to your needs, objectives, and financial circumstances in order to determine the appropriateness of the loan we arrange for you.
Warning: Proposed loan arrangements will be based on the products available from our panel lenders and the information provided by you. If the information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, before entering the loan you should consider its appropriateness having regard to your relevant personal circumstances and if necessary seek independent financial advice.
- If you are refinancing a loan(s), and your commitments will be increased, you should seek independent financial advice to make sure that you are able to meet the increased commitments. Warning: Your regular repayments may not increase, but the total you have to pay may increase – for example by having to make repayments over a longer period.
- We do not provide legal or financial advice unless specified in a separate contract. It is important you ensure you understand your legal obligations under the loan, and the financial consequences. If you have any doubts, you should obtain independent legal and financial advice before you enter the loan contract.
BORROWERS PLEASE NOTE
If you repay your loan early you may have to pay fees. Before you sign your loan contract, make sure you understand what fees are payable on early repayment, as sometimes these fees may be large.
Examples: If you take out a fixed rate loan, break cost fees may be payable. For all loan types, loan repayment fees or deferred (postponed) establishment fees may be payable. There may also be other fees such as a discharge fee and legal fees. PLEASE ASK IF YOU WANT MORE DETAILS.